Candle Care FAQ.
What is the proper way to care for my candle?
- Make sure your wick is trimmed 3/16"-1/4" before lighting.
- Be sure to gently snap off any ash or top of the burned section along the top edge and light as usual.
- Do NOT trim the wick while wax is melted and hot. ONLY trim AFTER wax has fully cooled to prevent injury.
- Keep away from anything that catches fire.
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep away form children and pets.
- Burn on a heat resistant surface.
- Burn in a ventilated area.
- Do not leave unattended.
- Do not move while lit.
My flame is too high, what should I do?
If you notice that your flame is too high extinguish the flame (by blowing it out), knock off the burned part or ash, and relight.
How long does it take for my candle to light?
It may take up to 20 seconds for the candle to light, because all of the candles sold are wooden wicks. Wooden wicks are just like other wood. When lit, the fire needs to work its way through the wood to get a good fire going. This is more so seen when you are lighting the candle the first time.
Why is there black smoke coming form the candle? What needs to be done?
Any candle will produce soot if the flame has been disturbed. To avoid this, always trim the wick to 3/16"-1/4" before every use and be sure to place candles away from drafts, vents or air currents.